- A quality experience through every level of our organisation
- World-class internationally qualified mountain guides
- Small groups to lessen impacts and increase personal satisfaction
- Proven tactics and a consistently high success rate
- Highest standards of training, backup, support and resources
- Excellent catering and equipment
- Advanced logistics and administration systems
- A 'can do' attitude with an emphasis on your safety, enjoyment and satisfaction
- Pioneers of guided expeditions to Mount Everest and the Seven Summits
- Inspiring range of Himalayan and international expeditions
- European and New Zealand ascents and courses
- Customised private expeditions for groups and individuals
- Polar journeys
- Backcountry skiing adventures
- Superb trekking options, from adventurous to luxury
- Small groups, quality first
As people who live very close to the natural world we are genuinely proactive in minimising our impacts by educating our staff and guests in appropriate techniques to preserve the environment.
With our roots in the New Zealand outdoors we have always been conscious of the need to ‘leave only footprints’ and we apply this philosophy to every venture we embark upon. Be it a weekend in the hills or a major expedition, we are particular about leaving the area cleaner than we found it. Adventure Consultants was the first expedition company to operate clean-up expeditions to Mt Everest and we were removing abandoned oxygen bottles from Mt Everest before well-funded ‘clean-up expeditions’ became fashionable. Our efforts are ongoing with ‘treading lightly’ on our expeditions and in our operation overall and we continually strive to improve our waste minimisation and recycling to achieve best practice both at home and abroad.
In addition to our pre-existing high standards, we practice ‘Leave No Trace’™ principles as a Registered Guide/Outfitter with ‘Leave No Trace’™ to minimise our environmental footprint.
It cannot be refuted that our travels have an indelible impact on people whose lands we visit. Yet much can be gained from the sharing of values and ideas if we are respectful in our interactions, especially if we abstain from the western tendency of imposing our own values onto our hosts.
The majority of adventure operators will increase profits and reduce your trip costs by having large groups - yet Adventure Consultants journeys are conducted in small groups to encourage a more personalised and less intrusive approach.
The well-being of our staff is important to us, especially those in impoverished regions where porters are often exploited by agencies wanting to offer you a lower price point. We believe in, and support, porter protection initiatives such as the International Mountain Explorers Connection, that are an integral component of our standard doctrine towards local staffing.
Adventure Consultants is a Visionary Society Member of the dZi Foundation. We care about the well-being of the local people and their communities in the regions we visit and we know you do too. A portion of your trip fee is donated to support the efforts of the dZi Foundation whose ‘Revitalise a Village’ programmes provide help and localised empowerment initiatives to communities throughout the mountain regions in Nepal and India.
We encourage our clients to also support the work being done at dZi by this focused and well organised group.
Take a look at what can be done by partnering with dZi Foundation - here's a video made by of one of our Everest 2013 team members, Thomas Stromstedt, who raised funds for a whole new school project in Nepal. Climbing Everest For Charity - Thomas Stromstedt