Bazaruto Beach holiday
The islands of Benquerra and Bazaruto offer quiet and exclusive beach holiday options. Fun-filled days are easy for families and small groups of friends in affordable beach resorts. Add on simple safari connections to Kruger and Victoria Falls for safari and beach combo.
- 6 days/5 nights
- These sub-tropical islands lie less than 20 miles off the coast
- it’s a unique environment with thick casuarinas, white sandy beaches and coconut palms
- stay in a boutique collection of small luxury lodges plus larger and simpler resorts. You’ll find chalets, pool and sea villas all designed to fit in with the natural harmony of the islands
- the islands offer some of the best scuba diving in the world – look out for turtles, whales and dugongs
- try your hand at water skiing, wake boarding and windsurfing
- wind down at the end of the day with a dhow cruise and watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean.
Organised and independent activities and tours introduce you to the island spice of life. Try horse riding on the beach, discover local culture with visits to local villages, bag your very own catch of the day on a deep sea fishing trip or learn how the chefs conjure up the exciting flavours of Mozambique cuisine.
Alternatively, you could of course just sit back and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the islands, relax and dine under the stars on freshly caught seafood and succulent meats barbecued to perfection.
Best time of year to go to Bazaruto?
- June to October – weather is warm but the island has a year round warm tropical climate
- February – cyclone season, avoid this part of the Mozambique during this time.
|Day 1 Vilanculos Airport||Boat transfer from Vilanculos to the island for 5 nights accommodation with breakfast lunch and dinner in a Beach Villa, daily organised activities included.|
|Days 2 Bazaruto Island||Days are spent relaxing on the unspoilt beaches, fishing, local village visit. Learn to cook Mozambique's unique cuisine, water sports, diving.|
|Days 3 Bazaruto Island||Mystery Spa treatment, scheduled daily snorkelling trip to Neptune's Nursery (weather permitting), Bottled water, soft drinks, House wine, Selected House spirits and local wine. Mini bar, Tea/coffee|
|Day 4 Bazaruto Island||Further relaxation as you totally unwind into swing of tranquil island life.|
|Day 5 Bazaruto Island||Explore the reefs with many types of brightly coloured fish. This is one of the best places for snorkelling and diving in Mozambique - or just immerse yourself in your tropical paradise - relax!|
|Day 6 Depart Bazaruto||Boat transfer from Bazaruto to Vilanculos for your onward travel arrangements. Please ask your Zambezi consultant if you would like us to arrange your travel.|