Friendship Peak, a spectacular mountain standing at an elevation of 5289m, is a part of the Pir Panjal range, in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh. Facing several other peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Shitidhar Indra Asan and Deo Tibba, the summit of this peak offers spectacular panoramic views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges with the Beas Kund basin enhancing the beauty of the panorama. Climbing Friendship does not require any prior training & experience in mountaineering although the climb to the summit is quite steep and also requires use of crampons at certain points hence it surely requires good fitness.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Overnight bus from Delhi to Manali (1900m)
HP tourism runs overnight Volvo buses from Delhi to Manali. Board the bus from Himachal Bhavan around 7:00pm to arrive Manali early in the morning. Travel Time: 14 Hrs.
Day 02: Arrive Manali, transfer to Solang
We reach early in the morning. An hour’s drive from here takes us to our hotel in Solang. Solang, home to some of the best skiing slopes in India, is the starting point of many treks in Himachal Pradesh.
Day 03: Trek to Dhundi
A short trek following the Beas River through green meadows and the forest of Pine, Maple, Walnut, Silver fir and Oak, leads us to our camp at the meadows of Dhundi. On a clear day we get magnificent view of Hanuman Tibba 5950m, Deo Tibba 6001m & Indra Asan 6100m.
Day 04: Trek to Friendship Base Camp (3586m)
We start walking on the trail following the river upstream towards the river base. We cross the river through a makeshift log bridge below the snout of the river and then a steep ascent through lateral moraine leads us to the base of the peak.
Day 05: Rest and acclimatize at Base Camp
We take a day off to rest and get used to the altitude as we prepare for our ferry the next day.
Day 06: Load Ferry to ABC & return to BC.
We make a load ferry to Advance Base Camp (3900m) and return to base camp. This rotation serves us very well for our acclimatization before gaining further height. Overnight camp at BC.
Day 07: Base Camp to ABC
We make the move from base camp and shift to advance base camp. Overnight Camp at ABC
Day 08: ABC - Summit - Base Camp
Summit Day! We start at midnight for our summit attempt of the Friendship Peak. The climb is steep through scree and moraine before getting onto snow to reach the summit rewarding us with spectacular panoramic views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges. Later on the day descend back to the base camp. A long day of about 10 hrs.
Day 09: Buffer Day
A contingency day for bad weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Day 10: Base Camp to Manali and overnight bus to Delhi
After breakfast we descend back to Solang village and later we drive to Manali to catch the overnight Volvo to Delhi. We get an hour or so in Manali to buy souvenirs etc. from Manali before boarding the overnight Volvo.
Day 11: Arrive Delhi
63,200 / 1100
DELHI TO DELHI
- - All transport from Delhi back to Delhi by road / rail as applicable.
- - All Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / rest houses / hotels.
- - All meals on the trip
- - Group tents & Cooking Gear
- - Climbing Permits
- - Group climbing gear (Ropes, Anchors, Shovels, Slings etc)
- - Porterage of all the equipment / supplies/ & personal baggage of max 15 kgs per member.
- - Services of experienced guide, cook & camp staff
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Railway Station / Airport transfers in Delhi
- - Any stay & meals in Delhi
- - Any meals on the Delhi-Manali & Manali-Delhi drive
- - Personal Climbing gear
- - Sleeping Bag & items of personal clothing
- - Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, insurance, camera fee
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Note -
1. Single Room in Solang during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of INR 2400.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic