Garhwal Himalaya in Uttarakhand, the northwestern part of the state is also called 'The Abode of the Gods'. Kuari Pass is probably the best window to view the high Himalayan peaks. The views are simply breathtaking with the Himalayan giants lined up in one magnificent arc easily making it one of the most wonderful views in the Himalaya. Some of the giants seen are Kedarnath, Chaukhamba, Nilkantha, Kamet, Gauri Parbat, Hathi Parbat, Nandadevi, Bethartoli and Dunagiri (all high 6000ers or 7000 m peaks). Southwards the mountains stretch wave upon wave into the dim haze of the distant plains. Starting from the famous ski resort of Auli the trek reaches Kuari Pass and ends at Tapovan completing a big semi-circle.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Morning train to Haridwar. Drive to Rudraprayag
Arrive Haridwar at 11:20 hrs. Hop into your cars and drive first along the Ganga and then along the Alaknanda river passing many holy confluences till we reach around 05kms further to Rudraprayag. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Auli and trek to Gorson
We drive 60kms ahead to the winter ski resort of Auli. After meeting the crew we hike through the forests of oak and rhododendron to reach the meadows of Gorson. Overnight Camp.
Day 03: Trek to Tali (3310m)
The day's walk starts with a long diagonal traverse of the Gorson meadows, with the high mountains of Nanda Devi, Dunagiri, Hathi, Ghori right in front. We camp in the woods a little ahead of the small water body at Tali. Overnight Camp.
Day 04: Trek to Khulara (3395m) via the Kuari Pass
Today the trail ascends the ridge above Tali with cairns marking our track. Just below the pass, the trail leads through a large meadow affording spectacular views of the Himalaya. The Kuari pass (3650m) is by no means demanding. Descend for an hour to the base camp at Khulara. Overnight Camp.
Day 05: Rest Day at Khulara (3395m)
Depending on where the snow line is we hike up to play games in the snow. Hot lunch at camp, evening campfire. Overnight Camp.
Day 06: Trek to Tapovan (1905m) 4-5 hrs. Drive to Pipalkoti (1330m)
The last day of the trek is all the way down to the Tapovan, the roadhead. It’s about 3 hours drive from here to the hotel in Pipalkoti. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 07: Drive to Haridwar. Board evening train to Delhi
After an early morning breakfast set out for the long 8 hr drive to reach Haridwar in the evening to board the Shatabdi Express leaving at 6:10 pm to be back in Delhi by 10:45 pm.
DELHI TO DELHI
- - New Delhi – Haridwar – New Delhi Train Fare
- - All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- - 01 night accommodation each at Rudraprayag & Pipalkoti hotel on full board
- - Accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads & sleeping bags for 4 nights on the mountain
- - All meals on the trip
- - All permits & camping fee
- - Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- - White Magic Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced local guides.
- - Porterage of luggage & camping gear.
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Sleeping Bag & Items of personal clothing
- - Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature
- - Tips for guides, cooks & porters.
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Note -
1. Single Room in Rudraprayag & Pipalkoti can be booked at an additional cost of INR 5000.
2. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 4250.
3. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 7500.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic