This is a classic trek for first-timers keen to discover the outdoors and experience the mighty Himalayas at high altitude. High up, beyond the valley of the Bhagirathi River, is the pristine and tranquil Dodital (tal means lake in Hindi). Beyond lies the Darwa Pass (3750m) between the major river valleys of the Ganga and the Yamuna. A little further up from the pass is Darwa Top (4150m), the highest point in the area from where it seems as though the mighty Bandarpunch, Swargarohini and other peaks are close enough to be touched by an outreached hand. The trek to the pass and beyond is the traditional route used by Gujjars (nomadic herdsmen), who take their cattle up to the meadows for grazing and also by sadhus (holy men) walking between the temples of Gangotri and Yamunotri.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Delhi to Uttarkashi (1,550m)
We catch the 7am Shatabdi Express from New Delhi for an interesting day time ride through the Indian countryside, reaching Haridwar at11:30am. We are picked up by our vehicles and driven up to Kuflon (6-7 hours), 11kms beyond Uttarkashi, on the banks of the Assiganga, a tributary of the Bhagirathi. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Uttarkashi to Bevra (2,400m)
We now start the trek to Bevra with a 2kms stretch on the road along the banks of the gurgling Assiganga stream upto Sangamchatti, the roadhead. From Sangamchatti it is a steady uphill climb for the next 4 to 5 kms, as the trail winds through deciduous forests to Agoda Village. Bevra is just 1.5 kms from Agoda. Overnight Camp Bevra.
Day 03: Bevra to Dodital (3,310m)
The well shaded trail take us ever upwards through beautiful forests of Himalayan oak and rhododendron. There is no permanent habitation beyond Bevra, only a few shepherd huts at Majhi, which are occasionally used by pilgrims travelling between Gangotri and Yamunotri. The views on the way are magnificent, with snow-capped mountains peeping out. Another hour and half walk brings us to the serene fresh waters of Dodital Lake. Overnight Camp Dodital.
Day 04: Dodital to Darwa Pass (4,150m) to Darwa Top (4450 m) to Kanasar (3,900m)
The trail goes steadily uphill, crossing several small streams that feed Dodital, and gets quite steep as we reach the open alpine meadow just below the Darwa Pass. From the pass we will ascend further 300 m to Darwa Top just an hour away. The Top offers stunning 360 degree views of the snow capped Himalayan ranges. Overnight Camp Kanasar.
Day 05: Kanasar to Kandoli (2,800m)
The trail to Hanumanchatti is all downhill. Fortunately it is mostly downhill and the trail takes us across verdant alpine meadows, with brilliant, close-up views of the Bandarpunch range all day long. After Seema we make the final descent to our campsite at Kandoli through lush forests of Himalayan oak and rhododendron. Overnight Camp Kandoli.
Day 06: Kandoli to Hanumanchatti (2,400m) to Delhi
From Kandoli we descend quickly along a thickly forested path for about 2 hours before we encounter signs of civilisation, and finally reach the roadhead at Hanumanchatti. We then have a long 6 hours drive to reach Dehradun where we catch the evening Shatabdi Express and arrive at New Delhi by 10:45pm.
DELHI TO DELHI
- - New Delhi – Dehradun – New Delhi Train Fare in AC Chair Car
- - All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- - Accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads & sleeping bags for 4 nights on the mountain
- - All meals on the trip
- - All permits & camping fee
- - Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- - White Magic Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced local guides.
- - Porterage of luggage & camping gear.
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Sleeping Bag & Items of personal clothing
- - Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature
- - Tips for guides, cooks & porters.
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Note -
1. Single Room in Uttarkashi during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of INR 2800.
2. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 3400.
3. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 7500.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic