For first-timers this trip is a great way to discover the joys of trekking in the Himalayas. Start with an overnight camp along the beautiful Devariyatal lake, trek through lush green forests to Chopta, then climb a pilgrim trail to the famous Tungnath temple. Then if you feel up to it, go for the nearby Chandrashila peak which is the highest point in the area, and enjoy some spectacular 360 degree views with the stunning Kedarnath range to the north. After a short but steep walk across an escarpment which lies behind Sari, we arrive at the beautiful lake of Devariayatal, surrounded by forests, with clear views of the mighty Chaukhamba in the background. The next day we trek across the intervening ridges clothed in thick forests of Oak and Rhododendron, to Chopta (3000m) where we camp in a lovely open meadow. The climb from Chopta to Tungnath goes along a concrete pilgrim pathway with thickets of rhododendron on all sides and clear views of the Kedarnath range all the way. After exploring the famous Shiv Temple of Tungnath, one has the option of climbing to the nearby summit of Chandrashila before returning to Chopta.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Overnight train to Haridwar
Catch the overnight NDLS DDN AC Express (11:55pm) from New Delhi to Haridwar where we arrive early in the morning (4:00am).
Day 02: Drive Haridwar - Sari and trek to Devariyatal
Board our vehicles waiting at the Haridwar station and drive straight to the village of Sari high up the Mandakini valley, followed by a steep 2 hour climb to Devariyatal Lake (2440 m). Overnight Camp.
Day 03: Trek Devariyatal - Chopta (3000m)
We start early walking through a dense green forest and crossing a couple of ridges. After having a packed lunch at a forest clearing, we descend to cross a stream where we enjoy a drink from its crystal waters. We then climb up a steep path to reach Chopta (3000 m), located in an idyllic setting with beautiful alpine meadows and surrounded by dense forests. Overnight Camp.
Day 04: Trek Chopta - Tungnath (3470m)
Chandrashila Top (3700m) Start early in the morning and climb up the cemented pilgrim path up to the Shiva temple of Tungnath (3470 m), with blossoming rhododendron bushes all around and the mighty Kedar range in full view throughout. Another climb of 45 mins leads us to the summit of Chandrashila peak (3700 m) above Tungnath and later back to Chopta. Overnight Chopta.
Day 05: Drive Chopta – Haridwar and take a train to Delhi
Starting early, drive to Haridwar station to catch the evening Shatabdi Express to Delhi where we arrive at 10:45 pm.
26,650 / 450
DELHI TO DELHI
- - All travel from NDLS till we reach Old Delhi Railway Station at the end of the trip.
- - 2AC on trains and non-AC SUV cars / tempo traveller.
- - All accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents.
- - All meals from breakfast on Day 2 till dinner on Day 4.
- - Professional guide fee, camping fee, sanctuary fee.
- - Tents, mattress and all group camping gear.
- - All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Sleeping bag & Personal Trekking Gear
- - Items of personal clothing
- - Any arrangements in Delhi
- - Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, camera fee
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Note -
1. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 3400.
2. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 6000.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic