Pindari glacier is the origin of River Pinder which is one of the main tributaries of Alakananda river, which eventually joins the Bhagirathi river to form the Ganga.
The Pindari valley has a lot of colonial influence as after gharwal this was the last valley the Britishers explored. Towards its east was the kingdom of the Johars( Bhotiya Tribe of Uttarakhand) and Thapas of Nepal. This trek takes you on the lesser known west ridge of the Pindari valley with views of some of the most stunning himalayan peaks in the region like Mt.Migtoli, Mt.Changujh, Mt.Nanda Kot, Mt.Pawali Dwar, Mt.Lamchir etc.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Train to Kathgodam and Drive to Kausani.
Take the morning Shatabtdi train from delhi to kathgodam and Drive to kausani, a small hill station in Kumaon Region of Uttarakhand Overnight Hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Loharkhet and Trek to Dhakuri Khal.
We start our morning drive to Loharkhet, the start point of our trek. A beautiful uphill walk of 3-4 hours takes us to Dhakuri khali, a small meadow admist rhododendron and oak forests,our campsite for the day. Overnight Camp.
Day 03: Trek Dhakuri Khal to Jakuni Dhar.
Early morning we hike up to a small pass offering excellent views of Mt Migtoli and its neighbouring peaks. From this pass we walk following the ridge to its right to reach Jakuni, our campsite for the day. Overnight Camp.
Day 04: Trek Jakuni Dhar to Vajrlinga Dhar and onwards to Forest Camp.
We continue following the ridge to reach Vajrlinga Dhar and later descend to a small meadow below the ridge. Overnight Camp.
Day 05: Trek to Pakua Top and back to Forest Camp.
Following the Forest trail we walk towards pakua top, our highest point of the trek offering magnificent views of Mt Banda khat, Nanda kot, changujh and many more peaks of the pindari valley. Later in the afternoon, after soaking in all the view, we head back to our campsite below Vajrlinga Dhar. Overnight Camp
Day 06: Trek to Supi via Khaljuni village and Drive to Kausani.
The trail descending to Khaljuni village and later to Supi village beings us to the road head our ending point of the trek, follows by a Drive to Kausani. Overnight hotel.
Day 07: Drive to Kathgodam. Take the afternoon train to Delhi.
A Drive of 4 hours takes us to Kathgodam to catch the afternoon Shatabtdi to Delhi.
48200 / 795
DELHI TO DELHI
- - New Delhi – Kathgodam – New Delhi Train Fare
- - All transport in a non AC car / Tempo Traveller as per the itinerary above
- - 02 nights accommodation at Kausani on full board
- - Accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads for nights on the mountain
- - All meals on the trip
- - All permits & camping fee
- - Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- - White Magic Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced local guides.
- - Porterage of luggage & camping gear.
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Sleeping Bag & Items of personal clothing
- - Any stay and meals in Delhi
- - Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature
- - Tips for guides, cooks & porters.
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Note -
1. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 4250.
2. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 7500.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic