An easy but rewarding trek which offers spectacular views of the big mountains including Everest and Kanchenjunga. This trek traverses along the Singalila ridge which forms the international border line between India and Nepal. It offers a good distant view of Mt. Everest (8850 m) accompanied by Lhotse (8501m) and Makalu (8475m) and a close view of Kanchenjunga (8586m). Kanchenjunga along with the surrounding ranges closely resembles a person sleeping and hence the view from Sandakphu is popularly called 'The Sleeping Buddha'. The Singalila ridge is actually an extension of one of the ridges that sweep down from the high snows of Kanchenjunga itself and the trek along this ridge is renowned as being one of the most scenically rewarding in the entire Himalayas. This area is also culturally diverse, with Tibetan, Mongolian, and Indians intermixed with immigrant Nepalese. Buddhism is the most popular religion and during the course of our trip there's immense chance of interaction with the warm locals at Trekker's Hut that dot this trail.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Bagdogra to Darjeeling (2134m)
Arrive Bagdogra airport and drive 3-4 hrs through the tea estates to Darjeeling. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Drive Darjeeling to Dhotrey (2460m) and trek to Tonglu (3070m) 2.5 hr drive and 3 hrs trek
After an early breakfast, we drive for 2.5 hrs to Dhotrey our start point of the trek. The walk starts from Dhotrey and snakes through beautiful forest trail up to Tonglu (3070m), located in dense forest overlooking the entire Darjeeling hills. Overnight at Trekker's-Hut.
Day 03: Trek to Kalapokhri (3108m) 6 hrs trek
From Tonglu we continue along the rhododendron covered ridges and descend to Jaubari, just inside the Nepal border, to gain our first uninterrupted views of the eastern Himalaya. From Jaubari descend to Gairibas (2620m) before a long, gradual ascent to the small lake and settlement at Kalapokhri. Overnight at Trekker's Hut.
Day 04: Trek to Sandakphu (3636m) 3 hrs trek
From Kalapokhri it is a 3 hour steep walk up to the ridge and the trekkers’ huts at Sandakphu, the highest point on our trek. Overnight at Trekker's Hut.
Day 05: Trek to Gurdum (2400m) 3-4 hrs
We wake up early in the morning to catch a glimpse of one of the most beautiful sights in the Himalaya, all the big mountains in one giant arc covering 3 countries - Bhutan, Nepal & India. After a relaxed breakfast we walk down through dense Himalayan forests till Gurdum. Overnight at Trekker's Hut.
Day 06: Trek to Sepi (2280m) 3 hrs and drive 4 hrs to Darjeeling
It is a short downhill walk till Sirikhola (a big tributary of the Teesta River), cross the beautiful bridge across it and walk 2 kms on a rough Jeep track to reach Sepi where our vehicles would be waiting for us. Drive to Darjeeling. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07: Drive to Bagdogra 3 hrs(3720m / 12200ft)
Drive 3 hrs from Darjeeling to either Bagdogra Airport or railway station at New Jalpaiguri(NJP). Departure. Trip ends!
40,900 / 660
BAGDOGRA TO BAGDOGRA
- - All travel from Bagdogra airport and back to Bagdogra airport by road (by non AC car)
- - 2 nights hotel accommodation in Darjeeling
- - All arrangements for staying while on the trip, accommodation on twin share basis in lodges/tea-houses
- - All meals from Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 7
- - Sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
- - All trekking arrangements - experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook, etc
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Sleeping Bag & items of personal clothing
- - Items of personal clothing
- - Air Fares, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, souvenirs etc
- - Tips for guides, cooks & porters
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Note -
1. Single Room in Darjeeling during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of INR 6000.
2. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 6000.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic