The Ghorepani Poon Hill trek lies in the Annapurna region and is a lovely walk through terraced farmfields and rhododendron forests affording some of the best Himalayan views. Also of great interest would be staying in some enchanting Nepalese villages belonging to the Gurungs and Magars. The summit of Poon Hill(3190m) which is the highest point on the trek offers one of the most incredible views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchhre(Fishtail) peaks. Flying in from Kathmandu to the lake city of Pokhara, we drive a short distance to Nayapul our starting point. We then head off west from Birethanti towards Tikhedunga and walk through Ghorepani, Tadapani and Ghandruk. Thus completing a circuit at Birethanti. We end the trek at Nayapul and drive to Kathmandu. This is easily the fastest and best posible way to trek in Nepal and the Annapurna region without worrying about altitude and hard terrain. This trek can be done all through the year except the monsoons. Spring would be the best time to do the trek if you want to watch the rhododendrons in full bloom against the stunning Himalayan backdrop.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu.Hotel transfer and rest
Meet our representative at the Airport and drive to your Hotel in Kathmandu. Day at Leisure.
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara. Drive to Nayapul. Trek to Tikhedhunga
We take the half hour scenic flight to Pokhara and drive for an hour to Nayapul, the start point of the trek.A short walk of 15 mins along the Modi Khola river brings us to Birethanti(1065m).Continue on through the village and then onto the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola and steady climb to Tikhedhunga(1525m), a Magar Village. Time 3 to 4 hrs
Day 03: Trek to Ghorepani (2875m)
We begin the day with a steep climb to Ulleri(2070m), a Magar Village.The ascent then on is gradual till Nangethanti(2460m). Continue through the woods to finally arrive at Ghorepani(2875m). A long day taking almost (6 hrs)
Day 04: Excursion to Poon Hill & back.Trek to Tadapani(2595 m)
We get an early start and hike upto PoonHill to catch the sunrise on the Annapurna range. We return to Ghorepani for breakfast and proceed to Tadapani mainly through rhododendron forests (6-7 hrs).
Day 05: Trek to Ghandruk and Drive to Pokhara
Steep descent through forests before the trail eases as we reach Ghandruk(2000m), the big Gurung village and drive to Pokhara (3hr trek - 2hr drive). Overnight Hotel
Day 06: Fly Pokhara to Kathmandu & onwards
Early morning flight back from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Transfer to domestic terminal & fly back home.
41,500 / 735
KATHMANDU TO KATHMANDU
- - Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in a 3 star hotel on twin sharing rooms and on the trek in simple lodges
- - Full board meals ( breakfast, lunch and dinner and 3 times tea) as mentioned above in the trek
- - One professional guide and 1 porter per two persons for the trek with their meals & Insurance
- - ACAP fee, TIMS card · All airport transports · Flight to Pokhara & back · Kathmandu sightseeing, airport pick up and drop, all ground transport
- - Porterage of personal luggage
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Items of personal clothing
- - Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature
- - Lunches & dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- - Personal Insurance & emergency rescue charges if necessary
- - Extra porter & transport charges in the event of landslides
- - Other personal expenses, airport tax, Kathmandu city entrance fees
- - Personal, medical and evacuation insurance Laundry, cost raised by re-routing, cancellation, political disturbance etc
- - Tips & any other expenses, which are not mentioned above
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic