On the trail of one of the last wild treks in the Himalaya, lies a stunning pass largely untouched by trekkers. The trail to Kalihani pass starts from Manali and goes through forests, lush green mountains and ample snow slopes all the while giving spectacular views of Kullu valley and the mountain peaks standing above them. From the top of the pass you witness the breath-taking Kalihani glacier which feeds one of the major tributaries of river Ravi. The trek is a great mix of everything that the Himalayas have to offer and is a must do for all trekking enthusiasts.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Overnight bus from Delhi to Manali (1900m)
HP tourism runs overnight Volvo buses from Delhi to Manali. Board the bus from Himachal Bhavan around 7:00pm to arrive Manali early in the morning.
Day 02: Arrive Manali. Sightseeing and acclimatization walks
Arrive in Manali by 10am. You’ll be met by our guide who’ll transfer you to the Hotel. Post lunch, you can occupy yourself with local sightseeing. Explore the Mall road of Manali in the evening. In the months of May & June it’s busy with Indian tourists. Overnight Hotel in Manali.
Day 03: Trek to Lamadugh (4-5 Hours)
The trail starts from the famous Hadimba Temple in Manali and enters the forests right away. The first hour is a gradual climb through the coniferous forest after which the view opens up as you can see the Manali town below and the mountains towards the Rohtang pass & Solang Valley. As you go higher the trail becomes gradual and you walk past birch and rhododendrons before you reach the campsite. Overnight camp.
Day 04: Trek Lamadugh to Riyalee Thatch (5-6 Hours)
From Lamadugh the initial section is a steep climb till a big patch of rock you encounter by the trail. The trail continues uphill in vast open landscape with close views of the beautiful Manalsu peak as the steepness gives way to a much more gradual incline. The uphill section ends at a small pass at about 13,000ft which usually takes 3-4 hours after which you go downhill. The views change after the pass and you will be walking amidst lush greenery till you hit a small stream which will be your lunch point. From there a little bit of rolling terrain and you reach the beautiful Riyali Thatch campsite. Overnight camp.
Day 05: Trek Riyaalee to Sanghore Base of Kalihani Pass (4-5 Hours)
The trail to Kalihani base is beautiful from the very outset as you pass through many settlements of local Shepeards or the Gaddis. For the first couple of hours, the terrain is up & down and you cross many small streams before you hit a big stream coming from the Kalihani pass. From there the climb is steep. During the pre monsoons you might expect some snow from here onwards. The last hour to the camp is a high gradient uphill but the views of the mighty Indrasan and Deo Tibba on the other side of the valley will make it worthy of the climb. Overnight camp.
Day 06: Climb Kalihani Pass (4750m) and back to Base (5-7 Hours)
We start very early in the morning to make the best of the snow conditions. The initial couple of hours is a steep climb after which the slopes are a bit gradual. As you go higher your views keep expanding and you get to see many high peaks of Lahaul. You will start feeling the altitude too as you go up and the climb to the top of the pass should take you around 4-5 hours. From the top the views are nothing short of paradise in front of your eyes as the vast expanse of Kalihani glacier is at the foreground of picture perfect looking peaks in the back drop. We start heading back down after a brief time at the top as snow conditions tricky later in the afternoon.
Day 07: Sanghore Camp to Rangolee (4-5 Hours)
After a long previous day in snowy trails, we start from Sanghore base and head down following the stream. After a short diversion to the right we continue on rolling terrain for the next 3 hours to reach out next campsite.
Day 08: Trek Rangolee to Kaseri (4-5 Hours)
From Rangolee we can start to see the small villages below as the Beas flows in between the Kullu valley. We leave behind the green mountains to hit the treeline before we reach the campsite.
Day 09: Trek Kaseri to Baragrahn and drive to Manali later catch overnight Volvo bus to Delhi.
A short hike back to the road head at Baragrahn near Patlikul village and we drive back to Manali. After wash & change we will catch overnight Volvo bus for Delhi
Day 10: Arrive Delhi
Arrive Delhi early morning. Trip Ends !
46200 / 750
DELHI TO DELHI
- - Transport from Delhi to Manali & back by AC Volvo bus.
- - Twin Share accommodation for 2 nights hotel in Manali on AP basis
- - Twin Share accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads for 6 nights on the trek
- - All meals on the trip
- - Entry fees, Camping fees & Trekking Permit
- - Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- - White Magic Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced local guide
- - Porterage of all the personal baggage & camping equipment.
- - All Transport from Manali to Manali as per the itinerary above
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Sleeping Bag & Items of personal clothing
- - Any arrangements in Delhi
- - Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature.
- - Tips for guides, cooks & porters
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Note -
1. Single Room in Manali during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of INR 2400.
2. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 5100.
3. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 7000.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic