Indrahar Passtrek is a superb one which passes through the kingdom of Gaddi, a semi nomadic race that spends many months wandering the high pastures with their sheep. The trail offers splendid views of the Dhauladhar mountain range, passing through Himalayan villages with terraced fields, dense mixed woods of oak, rhododendron, deodar and bamboo, with some of the best camping sites, while also crossing few streams during the trek.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Overnight bus to Mcleodganj
Day 02: Arrive Mcleodganj
The guests will be received by the Guide/Leader from the bus station or from the Gaggal airport. It’s a short drive to the hotel, freshen up and have breakfast it’s a leisure day in Mcleodganj. Post lunch we go for a short walk to monastery where his holiness reside and the bustling market. Explore the Mall road of Mcleodganj in the evening.
Day 03: Trek Mcleodganj to Triund (2875m)
After breakfast we will start the walk from McLeod Ganj to Triund passing by a small semi-nomadic village inhabited by Gaddi Shepherds passing through the mixed forests of Himalayan Cedar, Rhododendron and Oak trees. Triund is situated on a ridge from where we have breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar Mountain Range to the north and Kangra Valley to the south.
Day 04: Trek Triund to Laka Got (3300m)
It is an easy day to get acclimatized to the altitude. After reaching the campsite, we proceed further to the Lehas Cave which is about 100 meters higher than the camp for the acclimatization.
Day 05: Trek to Chata Paroa across Indrahar Pass (4300m)
Today an early start is recommended in order to avoid the heat of the day while climbing the steepest part of the trek and to grab the best views of the central Himalayas from the top as it normally gets cloudy in the afternoon.
Day 06: Climb Moon Peak (4700m) & back to Chata Parao
Chata Parao is the base camp to attempt the various peaks in Dhauladhar such as Moon Peak, Double Gun and Camel Peak.
Day 07: Trek to Kuarsi village (2730m)
The walk can take 7-8hours to Kuarsi Village, which is the first tribal village of Chamba Valley after crossing the pass which still maintains the traditional values of Gaddi.
Day 08: Finish trek at Lamu village & drive 4-5 hrs to Dalhousie (1970m)
It takes around one and half hour through a narrow rock-cut trail to Hilling. Another three hours walk takes us to the road head at Lamu Village. Later drive to Dalhousie
Day 09: Early morning drive to Airport or catch overnight bus to Delhi
DELHI TO DELHI
- - Airport / Bus stand pick up & drop
- - All accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / guest houses or hotels
- - All transport as per the itinerary above
- - All meals on the trip except dinners & lunches at the hotel in Mcleodganj & Dalhousie
- - Professional guide fee, camping & sanctuary fee.
- - Mattresses, tents and all group camping gear.
- - All trekking arrangements with an experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook, porters etc.
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Airfare
- - Sleeping bag & Personal Trekking Gear
- - Lunch & Dinner at the hotel at Mcleodganj & Dalhousie
- - Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, camera fee
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Note -
1. Single Room in Leh during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of INR 5000.
2. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 5100.
3. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 7000.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic