One of the most popular treks in Ladakh – it is a perfect combination of beautiful trans-himalayan landscape with ladakhi villages. There are good chances to spot some high altitude wildlife as well as experience the life of nomadic families as they herd their yaks in these big and beautiful valleys. After couple of days of acclimatisation to high altitude in Leh you will set out to explore the heartland of the central Ladakh Valley. It involves crossing of high pass of Kongmaru La 5274 mts and walking on the banks of the Markha River crossing it a few times. Kang Yatse peak (6400m) at the head of this valley dominates the skyline as we get higher up the valley and the view towards Zanskar range from the Kongamaru La is simply are mesmerizing.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Fly Delhi – Leh (3500m). Rest and Acclimatize
The flight takes us over the Greater Himalayas and makes an exciting landing at one of the highest airports in the world. Transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing around Leh
Visit the famous monasteries of Shey & Thiksey. Back to hotel for lunch. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Drive Leh to Chilling and trek to Skiu (3400m)
The trail goes through a flat and desolate plain along the river Indus and swings into the mountains along the pretty, willow-lined Zingchan gorge. Overnight Camp.
Day 04: Trek Skiu to Markha (3700m)
The trail to Markha is not too strenuous, rising about 300m across 22km, crossing the Markha river a couple of times. Markha is a substantial village, complete with a derelict fort on the hillside and a small village monastery. Overnight Camp.
Day 05: Trek Markha to Thachungtse (4150m)
Kang Yatse (6400m), a magnificent snow-clad mountain commands the views for the next two days. A popular place to spot herds of blue sheep slide up and down the steep cliffs with incredible agility. Overnight Camp..
Day 06: Trek Thachungtse to Nimaling (4720m)
You pass several mani (stones with prayer inscriptions) walls and suddenly come across a small lake. The view is wonderful from here - both of Kang Yatse, whose bulk gets reflected in the still waters of the lake, and also of the Markha Valley which we are now well above. Overnight Camp.
Day 07: Trek Nimaling to Chuskirmo over the Kongmaru La (5130m)
As we climb the last short but steep slope to the top there are good views over the Zanskar range and of the vertical ice walls on the north face of Kang Yatse. We have reserved two days for the climb which would allow for contingencies due to bad weather. Fluttering with prayer flags the summit rewards with wide open views, the Karakoram Range & Ladakh range on the north, the Zanskar range on the west and a bird’s eye view of the Indus valley and the Leh city. The trail eases out to reach the river bed at Chuskirmo. Overnight Camp.
Day 08: Trek to Shang Sumdo and drive to Leh
Trek along the river bed with ease trail we hit Shang Sumdo where our vehicles would be waiting for us. Later drive to Leh. Overnight at hotel.
Day 9: Fly back to Delhi from Leh
Early morning transfer to the airport to take the onward flight. Trip ends!
46,950 / 750
LEH TO LEH
- - All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- - All transport in a Non AC Car / Tempo Traveller as per the itinerary above
- - Accommodation on twin share basis with foam sleeping mats in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- - Mules for porterage of personal and group luggage
- - Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- - Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- - All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Delhi - Leh - Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- - Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing
- - Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance, beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Note -
1. Single Room in Leh during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of INR 8400.
2. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 4250.
3. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 6000.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic