Bali Pass was an old trekking route from the Tons river valley to the Yamuna river valley. This region was made popular by Jack Gibson, a teacher at The Doon School in the late 1940’s. It continues to attract trekkers during the monsoon season when the snow melts. The pass is approachable from Har ki Dun Valley where the gradient is small. Thereby, provides time to acclimatize to the altitude. The trek starts from Taluka and passes through pine forest of Govind National Park. This trek gives opportunity to experience camping above 4000m. The surrounding peaks and glaciers are a mountaineer’s delight.
Show Detailed Itinerary
Hide Detailed Itinerary
Day 01: Overnight train from Delhi to Haridwar
Early morning arrive Haridwar, an ancient city and an important Hindu pilgrimage site. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Sankri
After an early morning breakfast, we drive (08 hrs)from Dehradun to Sankri (1920m). Sankri is a small village and the last roadhead in Govind Ballabh Pant Wildlife Sanctuary. Overnight at guest house.
Day 03: Drive Sankri to Taluka and trek to Khapu Thach
We drive from Sankri to Taluka ( 03hrs) and trek to Khapu Thach (2050m). The drive is accompanied by lush green forests, fields and apple orchards. Overnight at camp.
Day 04: Trek to Dev Thach
We wake up early in the morning and trek to Dev Thach (2600m) which is a big grassy terrace surrounded by the forests just above the confluence of Har ki Doon and Ruinsara streams. Overnight at camp.
Day 05: Trek to Ruinsara Lake
Today we trek to one of the most scenic lakes of Garhwal Himalayas, Ruinsara lake (3630m) which is surrounded by meadows and rhododendron bushes.Overnight at camp.
Day 06: Rest to acclimatize. Trek up towards Kiyarkoti enroute Banderpoonch Base Camp
We spend the day allowing our bodies to adapt to the high altitude. Later, we trek up towards Kiyarkoti enroute Banderpoonch Base Camp. Overnight at camp.
Day 07: Trek to Bali Pass base
Day 08: Cross Bali Pass and descend to upper Damini Camp.
Widespread and steep snowfields will take you to Bali Pass(4950m). We trek downwards the Yamunotri side to descend to upper Damini Camp. Overnight at camp
Day 09: Trek to Yamunotri and drive to Barkot.
We trek down from Damini Camp to forested trail leading to Yamunotri. After a quick visit to the sacred Yamunotri Temple, we drive to Barkot. Overnight at fixed camp.
Day 10: Drive to Dehradun and fly out.
We drive from Barkot to Dehradun. Fly out.
DELHI TO DELHI
- - New Delhi – Haridwar – New Delhi Train Fare
- - All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- - Accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads & sleeping bags for nights on the mountain
- - All meals on the trip
- - All permits & camping fee
- - Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- - White Magic Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced local guides.
- - Porterage of luggage & camping gear.
- - GST as applicable (Subject to change as per govt rules).
- - Sleeping Bag & Items of personal clothing
- - Any stay and meals in Delhi
- - Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature
- - Tips for guides, cooks & porters.
- - Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of White Magic