Transfer Airport - Mineralnye Vody - Pyatigorsk (duration about 1 hour)
Accommodation in a hotel in Pyatigorsk
Look at and select your equipment for climbing
Transfer Pyatigorsk - Cherkessk - Karachaevsk - Uchkulan - Khurzuk and further to the gorge on Narzanov Valley "Dzhily- Suu" - base camp in the valley of Ullu-Hurzuk
Duration 5 to 7 hours.
Acclimatization, Ascent to C1 camp on the moraine (altitude 3500m) and descent back to base camp. The route runs along broad grassy slopes, crosses the river and climbs up on the moraine of the glacier. You can carry some of your items.
Duration is 4 to 5 hours
Bathing in "Dzhily- Suu" springs.
Ascent to the Camp C1 (3500)
Acclimatization, Training on snow and icy slope
Duration is 4 to 5 hours.
Ascent to 3900m, radial exit, training on snow and icy slope
Morena, big and medium-sized sliding rocks, for 3 hours
Leave the equipment, snow and icy training for 2 hours, Descent to the camp C1 (3500)
From the first camp (3500m) to the bridge under the rock Utyug, the ascent passes through a rocky slope up to 20°. All participants are required to be in helmets.
Ascent to the Camp C2 at 4200m, the most difficult part of the route is on the way from the bridge under the rock, "Utyug", marked "1" on the photo up to the western plateau, labeled “4”.
Section 1 to 2 traverse 400m along the medium sized sliding rock. Section 2 to 3 snowy slope 30°, 40m followed by 15° 60m, a bivouac shelter is likely at the position "3".
Ascent to the upper camp C3 on the western shoulder up to an altitude of 4600 m
Section 3 to 4, climb up the snowy slope of 20° 20 m, then traverse to the right of the slope 300 m, exit to the western plateau.
Day of Ascent
A snowy slope with an average steepness of 15 to 20° runs along the ridge of rocks from the camp on the western plateau (4600m) to the summit. The entire path is fully inspected and does not present any technical complexity. Overnight stay in the camp.
Attempt to climb (reserve day in case of bad weather). Descend to the camp at 3500m.
Descend to the Base camp at 2500m. Bathing in Dzhily- Suu Narzan springs.
Breakfast at the base camp. Transfer to Pyatigorsk. Accommodation in the hotel. Awarding certificates.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the Mineral Vody airport
1. “Alpindustria” staff company for all the program.
2. Transport. All transfers according to the program.
3. Accommodation. Double hotel*** DBL rooms: in Pyatigorsk – 2 nights HB
4. Accommodation in the base camp and way camps according to the program (9 nights). Accommodation in the tent.
5. An English -speaking guide.
6. Food. Full board in the Caucasus - breakfast in hotel restaurants. 2 meals when in the base and way camps + Pocket lunch while treks and climbing.
7. Use of group equipment (tents, ropes, kitchen)
8. Certificates on Elbrus expedition.
9. Cook service for Elbrus climbing.
10. Local and state tourist taxes:
a. Passports registration;
b. Border area Pass;
c. Visa invitation;
1. Additional food and drinks.
2. Single accommodation.
3. Equipment rental.
4. Extra night in a hotel if coming from Elbrus earlier than it was planned.
5. Excursions and entertainment in Kislovodsk/Pyatigorsk
6. National Park permit for climbing
Domestic and international air fare. Insurance.
Only ONE attempt of climbing Elbrus is included.
During the trip:
- for foreign citizens - international passport, migration card, visa.
Clothes and equipment:
At the height of 5,000 m or more, it can be rather cold: -20 in summer; -40 in winter. Sometimes wild winds blow. We prepare ourselves for the worst weather conditions. At the same time, it can be rather hot down in the valley at the same time.
The price of the full set of equipment for Elbrus climbing is from 40 Euro per day for 1 pax. For booking equipment you should inform us beforehand giving the boot and clothes sizes.
Sweater/thin fleece shirt.
Fleece/windblock jacket and trousers.
Gore-tex jacket and pants.
Wind-proof mask (balaclava)
Mittens (it’s better to have two pairs).
You can take a warm down jacket with you.
Plastic or leather boots designed for ascents. It’s better to have welted boots and climbing crampons with automatic bindings.
Comfortable climbing harness.
Telescope ski poles.
Climbing crampons with automatic bindings (matching your boots).
Sometimes, we have a rest sitting on a stone, that’s why it’s good to have a carrimat to sit on.
Sleeping bag (a comfortable temperature of -10).
You should have your own spoon, mug, and knife.
Climbing Mt.Elbrus is an active kind of sport in the mountains potentially dangerous for the life and health for all the participants of this program.Our guides will provide the necessary level of safety in case you will follow the Safety Insruction. The guide has a radio, GPS, mobile telephone, all necessary group equipment.
Decision of stopping the programme when the weather and snow conditions impose a threat to lives of the participants is in exclusive competency of the guide accompanying the group on the route and can not be discussed. The guide is responsible for providing safety on all kinds of mountain relief.
All guests should have medical insurance in case of incidents or immediate illness which can cover medical and other expenses in emergency.
For transfer we use comfortable off-roads (depending on the group size) like Land Rover, ex-military truck GAZ-66 or UAZ. Transfer airport – hotel – airport is a group one and is made once on the arrival day and once on the departure day. In case of necessity we can book an individual car for extra fee.
Hotel*** DBL rooms: in Pyatigorsk – 2 nights HB. Tents in high mountain camps.
In the Caucasus (climbing Elbrus, Kazbek, Ushba, DykhTau and other programs) we have a whole office, with a staff of employees, a transport and an equipment warehouse. All our guides are members of the Russian Association of Mountain Guides or instructors of the Russian Mountaineering Federation.
Temperature in the Valley varies from 20 to 30 degrees. It can be from +15 to -5 on the mountain at an altitude of 3500 m, and from +10 to -15 on top depending on the weather. In bad weather, we try not to venture out.
In the valley, it can be up to -20, but this is rare, usually -5 to 10 degrees. On the mountain, the temperature can drop up to -40 at an altitude of 5000 m.
Medicine A First-aid kit to render first aid is available with the guide. All our guides can provide first aid. At any time and in any place, the guide has the ability to communicate with the rescuers. You should be in possession of specific individual medicines.
• Moscow - Mineralnye Vody - Moscow flight, international flights.
• In case of an early descent from the high-altitude shelter before the period stipulated in the program, hotel accommodation.
• Local souvenirs.
• Self-catering in the valley (the average price for lunch/supper starts from 600 rubles per head). In the valley, there are many cafes and restaurants, mostly of Caucasian cuisine.
• Please meet our rules of payment conditions. To provide a successful and safe realization of the program we are to undertake definite efforts and preparation which require expenses.
Down payment when booking 200 Euro. In case you cancel the trip it is not refundable.
• Full payment should be done not later than 20 days prior to the beginning of the program. If the full payment is not done in this term we consider the trip cancelled and quit the booking.Please, be aware that the first payment is not refunded in this case.
• You can pay in cash in our offices in Moscow, make a bank money transfer or via credit card on-line.
During your stay at the hotel, half board meals are provided in the Elbrus region. On the mountain, a cook (for a group of 2 persons onwards) will cook for you, while packed lunch (sandwich, fruit, biscuits, chocolate and a pack of juice) is served during daytime acclimatization trips.
If you have any restrictions on food, for example, you are a vegetarian, you must inform us in advance!