Okavango Safari for Explorers
Use this Okavango safari to discover Botswana’s spectacular inland Delta – one of the greatest wilderness areas on the planet.
Our Okavango safari kicks off with a walking trail – we’ll spend 3 nights in the north eastern Okavango Delta, followed by 2 nights in the heart of the delta in a well-appointed safari camp. Fly down to the Southern Delta region for 3 nights in a superior luxury safari camp.
- Okavango Delta
- Moremi Game Reserve
- 8 days/7 nights
Highlights of the Okavango safari
- the world’s largest inland delta
- an incredibly lush oasis in the middle of the Kalahari desert
- some of the best wildlife in Africa – huge herds of elephant and buffalo roam the delta also cheetah… you may even spot leopard!
- plentiful collection of browsers and grazers – the predators will naturally flock to where food is in abundance. More common sightings include giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, hyena, antelope plus one of Africa’s most endangered predators, the wild dog. Listen after dark and you may hear the nocturnal roars of the resident lion!
- a safe and reliable safari destination, this Okavango safari doesn’t disappoint!
Best time to go to the Okavango
- July, August, and September – best time for big game viewing is during the drier winter months, the wildlife is outstanding (as with many African safari hot spots).
- November to March – best for bird watchers
- May and June – Champagne months and they’re delightful. Just before the peak rush of tourists arrive. Expect clear skies and lingering green bush and healthy, well-fed animals (this is the end of the rainy season).
(Photo credits: Ker&Downey)
Alternative walking safaris
|Day 1 arrive Maun Airport for the Okavango||You're met on arrival for air transfer to the Okavango Delta and the elegant Footsteps Camp where you'll explore this beautiful area. A true African bush discovery with your professional guide.|
|Days 2-3 Footsteps in Okavango Delta||Days are spent walking, tracking and exploring. Discover the wilderness and wildlife here including the elusive Sitatunga antelope, Pel's fishing owl and African eagle. Fully inclusive accommodation.|
|Days 4-5 Moremi Game Reserve||Short flight to Okuti Camp in the heart of Moremi. Rich in wildlife, great game viewing as you explore the Delta by motorboat - a birders paradise. Also Buffalo, wildebeest, Lechwe, lion and cheetah.|
|Days 6-7 Okavango Delta||Fly to Kanana Camp on the Xudum River. Explore the waterways by Mokoro for amazing variety of plants and birds. Kanana has a seasonal heronry. Guided bush walks, game drives and great fishing!|
|Day 8 Depart Kanana for Maun||Flight from Kanana Camp for Maun Airport and your onward travel arrangements.|