Tour code: GPT10E
Departure date: Every Friday
Duration: 7 days 6 nights
Price USD: $ 692 per person
Route: Hanoi - Ninh Binh - Phong Nha - Vinh Moc Tunnels - Hue - Hoi An
We depart from Hanoi at 7:30am and head South West to Trang An, or commonly known as “HaLong Bay on Land”. After enjoying a delicious lunch, we will take a boat up the beautiful river fed by natural springs and through caves that cut their way through amazing limestone karst mountains to visit an Ancient 10th Century pagoda and temple. We will have dinner and a shower in central Ninh Binh town before boarding the overnight train to Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park.
Day 2: Phong Nha Ke bang National Park (B/L)
- Phong Nga-Ke Bang is one of the largest National Parks in Vietnam. Home to a huge amount of wildlife, breathtaking scenery, crystal clear rivers and immense cave systems. A documentary by National Geographic has given this area much attention with the discovery of the world’s largest cave, Son Doong, here in the early 1990’s.
Our first stop is Eight Lady Cave. The site where eight women who were working on Route 20 highway died from a bomb attack that caused a massive rock to seal off the exit trapping them inside. After lunch we visit the awesome Dark Cave by zipline or for the slightly less adventurous, kayaks.
With only a head torch for light, we navigate our way in the darkness to the mud baths. Soak up in the goodness and be left with baby-smooth skin and what’s a mud bath without a classic mud fight! Afterwards take a refreshing dip in the lake and wash all the mud away.
Day 3: Phong Nha (B/L)
- After an activity packed day yesterday, today is free for you to cycle around & explore the town, check out the local life by the river or just chill out. We will take you on a short but bumpy ride through the villages to homestay.
Day 4: Vinh Moc Tunnel (B/L)
- Vinh Moc is a tunnel complex in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). The tunnels were built to shelter families from the intense bombings of the area during the American war. Over 600 people lived and 17 babies were born in these tunnels between 1965 and 1972. After lunch we will visit the Mine Action Visitors Centre in Dong Ha. This centre looks at the effects of the war that still happens today, even after hostilities ended in 1975. After this you will arrive in Hue, a relaxing night in or hitting the town! Overnight in a hotel.
Day 5: Thien Mu Pagoda - Beach (B/L)
- Standing seven storeys high, Thien Mu is the tallest pagoda in Vietnam. Built in 1601, this pagoda is rich in history and is a very important Buddhist site. Pat the stone turtle on his head for good luck. Hop back on the bus and we head to the local beach to enjoy some lunch and some cocktails as we swim and enjoy the sunset… This spot is a real hidden gem!
Day 6: Hai Van Pass (B/L)
- Depart Hue in the morning as ride motorbikes all the way to Hoi An. With many stops along the way, taking in beautiful beaches, coastline and the breathtaking Elephant Springs. Make sure you have packed your swimming gear as this is a great place to relax, swim and enjoy lunch for a couple of hours. The journey then heads South to take in some breathtaking views as we ascend the famous Hai Van Pass where we will stop at the top to see some French and American bunkers, the remnants of war times past. This road, made famous by the Top Gear motoring programme is a site not to be missed.
Day 7: Hoi An Old Quarter (B)
- Here you will take a leisurely bicycle ride through the picturesque bamboo groves and take a traditional basket boat ride that includes some crab fishing. Finish up with a fresh coconut by the side of the river. Finish the trip with some free time to explore the Old Town’s thousands of tailor shops, art galleries and riverside market or simply kick back on the beach. The trip end!
Please note that the hotels mentioned in this list are for reference only. Depending on availability and your preference, they can be changed. If we are unable to book any hotel, it will be replaced by another hotel at least of equivalent standard and value.
1. Ninh Binh - Phong Nha : Night Train - 1 night
2. Phong Nha Ke Bang : Homestay - 2 nights
3. Hue : Midtown Hotel (3 star) - 2 nights
4. Hoi An : Hotel Kim An (3 star) - 1 night
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
• A/C transfer.
• Accommodation at homestay/ hotel.
• Experienced English speaking guide.
• Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner).
• All sightseeing tickets and travel permits.
• No extra charge after confirmation.
• 24/7 hotline support guaranteed.
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
• Personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
• Travel insurance.
• International & domestic flights and taxes.
• Other personal expenses: drinks, souvenir, etc…
WHAT TO TAKE:
• Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
• It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of Mr Linh's Adventures