Do you want to go for a real adventure on ice in Siberia? If that’s so, our tour “Lake Baikal’s Great Crossing” was made just for you! Cross the deepest part of the legendary Lake Baikal and find yourself 40 miles (60 km) away from any human habitation.
Drawing on our years of experience, we created a brand new tour, for those like you who wish to experience genuine adventures.
See the stunning, untouched landscapes spread before your eyes as you travel from Olkhon Island to Bargusin. From the western bank to the eastern bank, the lake is 30 miles wide. Crossing it doesn’t imply any kind of physical training; nor do you need any special gear except from your personal belongings. The equipment needed for the group will be waiting for you on site, in Baikal Ice Camp. You will also be provided with an expedition sled and ice cleats so you can walk on ice safely.
In order that you find yourself as comfortable may be, your accommodations were specially designed to resist extreme conditions. Welcome to BaikalNature Ice Camp!
- Spend two nights on the Lake Baikal ice at the very location where its depth reaches 5000 feet (1500 m);
- Experience the purest Baikal water in an ice-made bania;
- Play hockey on the clearest Baikal ice;
- Ice skate on the deepest lake in the world;
- Enjoy our Ice Bar its very special menu (payment on site).
The camp include:
- 3 five-persons heated tents in which you’ll find a single bed, 2 bunk beds, a mattress, a sleeping bag and 1 twin/double/singel tent with a double bed of 190x120 - for supplement 5 400 roubles / per night;
- a kitchen/dining room tent for 16 persons where your chef will cook you warm dishes;
- an ice-made bania;
- the guide’s tent and the gear tent;
- the Ice Bar with Baikal vodka and other alcoholic beverages;
- Boots for walking in the camp - traditional Russian valenki.
This tour is organized in mid-February and in March when the weather on the lake is usually fair. However, it may happen that the temperature falls under 4°F (20°C), that a strong wind starts to blow or that the fog suddenly descends over the lake.
That’s why each trek you do is registered in the Ministry of Emergency Situations. You are also insured in case of accident. Moreover, your trek is run by a seasoned guide who carries with him a GPS navigator in which your hike coordinates are previously entered and a satellite phone.
So, even if you are unlucky with the weather, you’ll be able to return to the camp.
Chose this tour and experience feelings you never have before and that you shall never forget. Come back home with a thousand pictures of the clear, pure ice of the lake, memories from the nights spent upon this 1500 meters deep ice; having tested your moral and physical strength.
|Day||Arrival to Irkutsk||Irkutsk|
|Day||Olkhon island - the heart of the lake Baikal||Irkutsk — Khujir|
|Day||Begginning of the crossing||Khujir — Lake Baikal|
|Day||Day on the ice||Lake Baikal|
|Day||Eastern coast of the Baikal||Lake Baikal — Ust-Baguzin|
|Day||Ulan-Ude - the capital of the Buryatia||Ust-Barguzin — Ulan-Ude|
|Day||Return to Irkutsk||Ulan-Ude — Irkutsk|