On this 6 Day Wildlife, Primate & Cultural Safari will take you to Lake Mburo National Park for the Game Drive, Bwindi National Park for the gorilla tracking experience and Batwa Trail experience and Igongo Cultural Centre for the Ankole Cultural Experience.
Day 1: Arrive in Uganda
On arrival at Entebbe international airport your driver/ tour guide will be waiting to pick you up and then transfer you to your hotel for your overnight stay. You will spend your first night in Entebbe.
Accommodation: Royal Suites Bugolobi https://royalsuitesug.com/
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Day 2: Transfer to Lake Mburo, Boat Ride & Evening Game Drive
You will be picked up from your hotel at 7 am and commence on your journey to the National Park. On arrival at Lake Mburo National Park, you will check into the lodge and have lunch. Thereafter you will then go for a boat ride where we explore the wildlife on eastern banks of Lake Mburo on an hour’s boat ride. You will see crocodiles, buffaloes, and hippos as well as colorful Kingfishers, magnificent Fish Eagles, Hammerkops and their enormous nests, and even the prehistoric-looking Shoebill. In the evening you will do an evening game drive.
Accommodation: Eagle’s Nest http://www.naturelodges.biz/eagles-nest/
Meal Plan: Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi National Park
Today you drive to Bwindi National Park found in the south-western part of Uganda as you game drive through Ishasha sector to view the tree climbing lions. You cross a beautiful part of the country often referred to as ‘the Switzerland of Africa’ passing through the country-side, bamboo forests and have great scenic views. Make a lunch you stop at a local restaurant and proceed with journey to the park. Arrive at the park and check in your lodge, relax for tomorrow’s activity.
Accommodation: Bakiga Lodge http://bakigalodge.org/
Meal Plan: Lunch en-route, Dinner & Breakfast
Day 4: Gorilla Tracking
Today is the big day you have been prepared for to encounter with one of Bwindi’s gentle giants, the rare mountain gorillas. You will have early breakfast and thereafter meet with your ranger guide for briefing. The tracking commences in morning from the park headquarters at about 8:30 am. The gorillas tracked belong to one of the 'habituated' family groups in Bwindi. Time taken to track the gorillas lasts about 2-7 hours and this track will be an exciting journey along forested slopes, bushes and bamboo before you eventually reach the gorilla family assigned to you. Once the gorillas are located, you will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them. Later return to your lodge for dinner and a night rest.
Accommodation: Accommodation: Bakiga Lodge http://bakigalodge.org/
Meal Plan: Lunch en-route, Dinner & Breakfast
Day 5: Batwa Trail & Transfer to Igongo Cultural Centre
This morning, after your breakfast, the guide will pick you and take you for the Batwa Cultural Experience. It is one of the activities that can be done near Bwindi National Park. For several years before Bwindi Impenetrable National Park was gazetted as a National park, this forest was home to the Batwa Pygmies who were referred to as the original dwellers and keepers of this tropical rainforest. After Bwindi Forest was gazetted as a National Park in 1993, the Pygmies were relocated from the forest to the nearby villages and towns. You will meet pygmies, interact with them and learn more about their culture.
Thereafter you will be transferred to Igongo Cultural Centre.
Accommodation: Igongo Cultural Centre and Country Hotel
Meal Plan: Lunch en route, Dinner & Breakfast
Day 6: Ankole Cultural Experience & Departure
After breakfast, you will visit the Igongo Museum. The Museum is a collection of art crafts, photos, information panels, norms, customs, traditions and the history of the people of South Western Uganda. It also exhibits the culture of South Western Uganda and her neighboring kingdoms.
Thereafter you will begin your journey to Entebbe. The guide will drop you off at Entebbe International Airport in time to check-in for your flight home.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Lunch en route
• Airport transfers
• Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary (Double Room sharing)
• Gorilla permits
• Ground transport in a Mini Van
• Services of a professional English speaking safari guide
• All Park entry fees
• All activities as mentioned
• Meals per day as mentioned in the itinerary
· Air Fares and connecting flights
· All items of a personal nature
· Gratuities for safari guide
· Travel Insurance
· Visa Fees
· The above rates are based on contract rates of the current period. A final quote will be provided upon confirmation
· The rates quoted are noncommissionable
· The above is a tentative quote, confirmation of rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
· Reservation request on hold will be considered as a confirmed booking
· Quotes may change without prior notice, whether there is any fluctuation in prices.
· Transfers and tours will be according to the itinerary provided at the time of booking.
· Permits Run out fast, the earlier you decide on the tracking the sooner we can secure the permits for you
· We accept payment by Bank Wire Transfer, Visa, MasterCard and American Express, Cash, EFT.
· Credit Card payments attract a 3.5% banking fees surcharge (please include it in your payment to us).
· If paying by EFT, bank wire transfer, please note that there will be additional bank charges that will be communicated as and when required.