Day 1. Arrival in Tbilisi.
- Arrival at Tbilisi airport, you will be met by a company’s representative.
- Transfer to the hotel
- Check- in
- Free time
- Overnight in Tbilisi
OPTIONALLY * for extra charge: farewell dinner at the restaurant with traditional Georgian cuisine, folk show and transfer, 40 USD p/p (incl. 2 glasses of wine p/p, soft drinks)
Day 2. Jvari – Mtskheta – Chateau Mukhrani - Tbilisi
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Departure to Jvari
- Arrival at Jvari monastery
Jvari Monastery represents an iconic heritage, which was built at the dawn of Georgian Christianity (VI century). Jvari Monastery stands on the rocky mountaintop at the confluence of the Mtkvari and Aragvi rivers, where, according to traditional accounts, St. Nino erected a large wooden cross on the site of a pagan temple. Jvari is one of the masterpieces of architecture in its perfection of architectural forms and first Georgian UNESCO World Heritage Site. Moreover it was perpetuated in literature by Mikhail Lermontov (poem «Mtsiri»)
- Transfer to Mtskheta,
Mtskheta is an ancient capital of Georgia, important religious center and city-museum which is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Exactly here is preserved the main Christian cathedral of Georgia- Svetitskhoveli, as it is one of the oldest Christian cathedral in Georgia. This is the reason why Mtskheta is considered to be one of the holiest Christian cities.
- Mtskheta walking tour, visiting Svetitskhoveli Cathedral.
-Transfer to winery Château Mukhrani
Château Mukhrani is based on the historical tradition of wine-making in Mukhrani region. This is the first and the only true Georgian Royal Chateau, which unites four key components: vineyards, winery, castle and history. In 1512 Mukhrani became the prince’s estate, governed by Bagrationi royal family. Mukhranian wine production was established by Ivane Mukhranbatoni a famous representative of royal family, political and public figure of the 19th century. In 1876, Ivane Mukhranbatoni returned from France with Chateau concept knowledge and since then the history of Château Mukhani’s winemaking starts.
- Chateau Mukhrani tour and wine tasting. It includes excursion to Ivane Mukhranbatoni residence, degustation of 4 types of premium wine with light snacks (Georgian bread, churchkhela, cheese assortment, spring water).
OPTIONALLY* for extra charge: lunch at the restaurant “Samepo Marani 1878” (Royal Cellar 1878) in “Château Mukhrani”, fee 35 USD p/p (incl. 1 glass of wine p/p, soft drinks)
- Return back to Tbilisi
-Visiting “Sameba”, cathedral church of Holy Trinity, which is also called the “Symbol of new Georgia”. The breathtaking size and beauty of this cathedral, majestically rises up the hill of Holy Elia. “Sameba” is the highest temple in the country. It was built with a great magnitude, clear evidence of which is a dome, which can be seen almost from every point in the city.
- City tour includes: ascent on Narikala fortress via cable car. It is the ancient monument of old Tbilisi, locals call it «soul and heart of a city»), downhill walk on the old streets to a fig valley, followed by the Tbilisi Sulphur Baths district, the Liberty Square, “Shardeni”
-Transfer back to the hotel
- Overnight in Tbilisi
OPTIONALLY* for extra charge: dinner in the restaurant with traditional Georgian cuisine, folk show and transfer, fee 40 USD p/p (incl. 2 glasses of wine p/p, soft drinks)
Day 3. Kakheti – Homeland of a Georgian Wine!
- Breakfast at the hotel,
- Departure from the hotel, drive to Telavi
- Arrival in Telavi, brief city tour
Telavi is a heart of Kakheti, and its administrative center. City leads a list of the most ancient cities of Georgia among: Tbilisi, Mtskheta and Kutaisi, it is used to be an important trading center on a caravan route from the Middle East to Europe. Telavi is the only city in Georgia, where four fortification monuments from different historical periods remain relatively intact. "Visit card" of Telavi is a 900 years old tree, which grows in the very center of the city, directly opposite fortress-museum “Batonis Tsikhe” and Irakli II monument.
- transfer to Kvareli for visiting winery “Khareba”, where the production of wine goes according the ancient traditions. Winery Khareba owns a unique and rare wine cellar located in Kvareli, in the Alazani Valley. Carved inside the Caucasus mountains and opened in 1962 for the OIV World Congress, the cellar/tunnel is 7,7 kilometers long. The best wines of the Kakheti region have been stored and aged here for decades. The tunnel preserves a natural temperature of 12-14° Celcius with a humidity rate of 70%; the ideal conditions for wine preservation. 60 meters above the tunnels there is a nice building mixed with the nature, the waterfall falling by, and garden with century-old trees, restaurant terrace and the tower, which offers splendid views over the Alazani Valley and Kvareli vineyards.
- Khareba winery tour, that includes: wine tasting and activities. Wine tasting will allow you to taste the wine produced in European way in comparison with Georgian way. During activities you will have the possibility to bake your own bread, participate in Chacha (Georgian homemade vodka) making process, prepare "Churchkhela" (Georgian sweets made of grape juice and nuts).
OPTIONALLY* for extra charge: lunch at Khareba restaurant, fee 25 USD p/p (incl. 1 glass of wine p/p, soft drinks)
- Transfer to Bodbe, visit The Monastery of St. Nino at Bodbe
The Monastery of St. Nino at Bodbe is a Georgian Orthodox monastic complex and the seat of the Bishops of Bodbe
The monastery now functions as a nunnery and is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia, due to its association with St. Nino, the 4th century female evangelist of Georgians, whose relics are shrine there.
- Transfer to Sighnaghi,
Sighnaghi is a city-fortress which was built back in Middle Ages – it is a small city in Roman style, also known as “City of Love” since espousal is available at any time here. Furthermore, visitors will enjoy the spectacular view of Alazani Valley that creates romantic atmosphere.
- Return to Tbilisi Hotel
- Overnight in Tbilisi
Day 4. Departure.
- Transfer to Airport
Tour price for STD Single occupancy,
Tour price for STD Double/Twin occupancy,
Hotel 3* ВВ
It's possible to prolong the tour notifying in advance or after its end upon request.
- accommodation in standard rooms;
- meal: breakfasts at hotels;
- all transfers according to the program;
- meeting and farewell at the Tbilisi airport;
- excursions with local English (or German / Spanish / French) speaking guide;
- entrance tickets;
- wine tasting in Chateau Mukhrani, wine tasting and master class in “Khareba” winery.
Price does not include:
Air tickets, insurance, visa, lunch at Khareba restaurant, fee 25 USD p/p (incl. 1 glass of wine p/p, soft drinks, dinner in the restaurant with traditional Georgian cuisine, folk show and transfer, fee 40 USD p/p (incl. 2 glasses of wine p/p, soft drinks), lunch at the restaurant “Samepo Marani 1878” (Royal Cellar 1878) in “Château Mukhrani”, fee 35 USD p/p (incl. 1 glass of wine p/p, soft drinks), all personal expenses and other expenses not specified in the program.