We will explore:
First object Drain System “Nikolskaya” – the oldest part of a more than 50 kilometers long Kiev draining system. A big part of the system was built in 1916. It’s the best excursion to visit the underground of the city. if you haven’t experienced it in Urban Exploration. During this 2-hour tour you will:
– know everything about Kiev subterranean world and post-Soviet Urban Exploration;
– do route near one kilometer long through a different type of tunnels;
– see the biggest underground waterfall in Kiev and meet absolute darkness.
Depending on the weather, tour to tunnel system can be changed to Underground River Klov. Klov is the major and most interesting underground river in Kiev. During the tour, we will go underground near 5 kilometers by foot from “Olympiyska” metro station to Kreschatyk street. Tunnels under Kreschatyk were built in the middle of XIX-th century. It’s necessary to get taller boots and flashlights, as have virtually the entire route to go in the calf in water ( 10-30 cm depth ) . During the excursion in the dungeon, you will hear about the methods of construction and operation of underground plumbing and see a part of the city ordinary people have no idea about.
In this tour you:
– will know everything about urban exploration in post-soviet countries
– will walk near 2,5-5 km through the tunnels
– will get the possibility to experience the best way to visit “nontouristic” city underground :)
After this part of the tour, we will continue to civil Defence Bunker. It is chance to happen behind the massive soviet hermetic gate in real, still working fallout shelter in the city center. The major idea of these tour touch to feel you of that time when all people live in fear of nuclear attack signal. The guided tour usually takes near one hour. The bunker situated near metro station “Olimpiiska”.
In this tour you:
– will know everything about USSR Civil Defence system
– understand where to run in Kiev from a weapon of mass destruction
– find out what kinds and how functioning life support systems in the bunker