Ohrid 2 nights
Day 1: Ohrid via Elbasan, Saint Naum Monastery & Bay of Bones
Included meals: Lunch
Included : Museums
We travel towards our first stop, the city of Elbasan.
– See old Ottoman old houses, Sinan Pasha’s Turkish baths and wander in cabled streets inside the castle.
We drive now towards the Medieval Monastery of Saint Naum where we enjoy a Macedonian traditional lunch.
– See the resident peacocks that roam the grounds and enter the monastery to view its intricate frescoes.
On our way to Ohrid, visit the Bay of Bones Museum, a prehistoric settlement located on Lake Ohrid. A one of a kind in the region, it is an authentic reconstruction of a part of the pile-dwelling settlement, dating back between 1200 and 700 BC.
Get settled in the hotel in Ohrid Old Town and enjoy a free evening.
Day 2: Sightseeing tour of Ohrid
Included meals: Breakfast
Take in all that the charming city of Ohrid has to offer on a guided tour.
– Enter the magnificent Church of Saint Sophia and the National Workshop for a handmade paper-making demonstration.
– Pass by Samuil’s Fortress and walk along its historic 4th-century walls.
– See the Ancient Theatre of Ohrid, built in the Hellenistic style and walk up to the cliff-top Church of Saint John at Kaneo for panoramic views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
Enjoy free time in the city, going on a boat ride in Lake Ohrid or a Wine Tasting Tour in Mal Sveti Winery. Your Tour Director can arrange for these and other activities in the city.
Day 3: Tirane via The Cave Churches of Struga
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Head towards the city of Struga and visit the Cave Churches of Saint Archangel Michael and Saint Atanasij with its Holy Mother of God Monastery complex.
Both situated on the shore of Ohrid Lake, started being build in the 15th century. Now one very important relic can be found in the Monastery complex, “The Holy Mother of God is painted with a black face and black clothing, holding in her hands the Black Jesus.
Enjoy lunch on the shore of Lake Ohrid, before departing for Tirana in the late afternoon.
– 2 nights in handpicked hotels
– Breakfast daily, 2 three-course meals
– Multilingual Tour Director
– Private deluxe motor coach
– Guided sightseeing and select entrance fees
– Saint Naum Monastery and The Bay of Bone Museum
– The Unesco recognized city and Lake Ohrid
– The Cave Churches of Struga
– Fresh fish, traditional dishes and lovely lake scenery
Dates & prices
Available all year
€ 320pp in a Double Room occupancy - € 30 Single Room addition
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of Good Albania | Tour Operator & DMC