In 2 days, you will be able to discover the village of Ampefy which is located about 120 kilometers from the capital Antananarivo. Characterized by volcanic landscapes dating back more than two million years, this village is located on the shores of Lake Itasy, in a sumptuous and green region in the Middle West.
Ampefy is a site to be appreciated during your trip to Madagascar. To discover and observe the wonders of the region, this tour offers you through the volcanic hills, a viewpoint on the 3rd largest lake of the island called Lake Itasy and the surrounding villages. On the way back, you will have the opportunity to discover Lemurs Park, a private park which shelters 7 species of Lemurs in freedom. You will already discover the endemic fauna and flora of Madagascar. This park was created in 2001 in order to popularize the discovery of the different species of lemurs that exist in Madagascar, the long term objective is to reintroduce them in their natural environment, not far from the capital.
Highlights of the tour
v Discovery and meeting with the population
v The volcanic region of Ampefy
v The waterfall of Lilly
v The Analavory geyser
v Lake Itasy
v The islet of the Virgin, which is the center of gravity of Madagascar.
v The artificial beach on the shores of Lake Itasy
DAY 1 : Antananarivo - Ampefy
DAY 2 :Ampefy - Antananarivo
Specific information for the tour
· Circuit possible duration of 2 days / 1 night but according to your availability, we can do it in 3 days / 2 nights.
· Departure from 2 persons
· Accommodation in comfort hotels
· 4×4 car with a good driver and a professional English, French, Italian or Spanish speaking guide according to your choice.
· Accessible all year round except during intense cyclone season
· Walking in the villages to meet the farmers, and pirogue ride to exchange with the fishermen.
· Variation of transport: Car, dugout canoe, bicycle according to the season
- Hiking and canoeing
- Discovery of fauna and flora in national and private parks and reserves
- Meeting and exchange with the local population
- Various activities: fishing, bathing etc...
Unlimited number but at least 2 people for a guaranteed departure, if solo, you just have to pay the extra indicated in the program.
Highlands in the Middle West
Day 1: Leave the Capital to reach the 3rd great lake of the Island.
Our team will pick you up at your hotel, welcome you, present the program and give your travel documents. Departure from Antananarivo by the road of the West to reach the village of Ampefy, a small peaceful locality in the Itasy region against a backdrop of volcanic landscapes. You can admire all along the road small villages and traditional houses with thatched roofs, rice terraces and finally reach the large Lake Itasy. Then you will make a visit and a hike to discover this district.
At 3 km from Ampefy, a bifurcation on the left leads to the rocky spur of Ambohitrimanjaka. The latter has become Ambohitrimarimanjaka (the mount of Marie, Queen) since a 6m high statue of the Virgin was erected there with three altars in the southern part of the stele. Picnic lunch on the way.
Enjoy your trip through the spectacular scenery of the Highlands. Diversion to the Amparaky Geyser, which is the result of the phenomenon of artesian wells, not volcanic geysers, and is therefore suitable for swimming. Continue the visit to the Lily waterfall and discover its famous legend. Incomparable to the other falls, 26m high, it comes from Lake Itasy. Return to the village of Ampefy. Installation at the hotel. Relaxation on the artificial beach by the lake. Dinner and night at the hotel.
· Duration: Journey of about 3 hours
· Distance: 120 km
· Meals included: Picnic lunch
· Accommodation: FARIHY HOTEL or Similar
Day 2: Canoe ride and discovery of 7 species of lemurs in the wild, before returning to Antananarivo.
After breakfast, a walk to discover the crater for a panoramic view of Lake Itasy. Then, you will go down and take a pirogue to the islet of the Virgin (it is considered as the center of Madagascar), another overview of the lake. On the way back to the Capital, a few stops at small villages so that you can meet the local population and discover and exchange about the daily life. Before arriving in the Capital, a stop to visit the private Lemurs’ Park which is located 22 km from Antananarivo. You will discover 7 species of lemurs in the wild in an area of 5 hectares planted with 11 000 endemic trees. The lemur, symbol of the endemic fauna of the Island of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean, is undoubtedly one of the most endearing animals of our planet. The observation of these fabulous mammals in the wild is becoming increasingly rare because of deforestation. After the visit, continuation to the cultural site Rova of Antongona, among 12 sacred hills. Discovery of the city center then the upper town at the Queen's Palace for the panoramic view and sunset. Transfer and overnight at the Hotel. Lunch and dinner at the restaurant. Overnight at the Hotel at your own expense.
· Duration: About 3 hours
· Distance: 120km
· Meals included: Breakfast
The price includes:
· The 4×4 vehicle with fuel during the trip
· A good driver and a professional English, French, Italian or Spanish speaking guide according to your request.
· Accommodation with Breakfast as indicated in the program based on a double room (or similar) and Picnic lunch on Day 1.
· All activities mentioned in the program
· All entrance tickets
· Local guide fees
· Tourist taxes and vignettes
· One bottle of water per person per day
The price does not include:
· International flights
· Meals not specified in the benefits included
· Activities with the mention "free" and other optional activities
· Tips and drinks, extras and personal expenses
· Your personal insurances
The price of the
visa: +/- 35 €.