About the Activity:
Fixed departures in June, July, August, and September
- Embark on this amazing and adventurous trip to Markha Valley in Leh and Ladakh region.
- Arrive in Leh on your first day and explore the town and its beautiful tourist locations and get acclimatized.
- On the second day, get a transfer to the road head from Leh, from where your trek will start and then reach Yurutse via Zinchen which will take around 3 hours of trekking.
- Third day will be the longest trekking day of the tour, starting from Yurutse to Skiu via Ganda, which will be of 25 km and take 7-8 hours to complete.
- The next day you will continue your trek from Skiu to Markha, which will be around 20 km taking around 6 hours.
- Fifth day will take you from Markha to Thochuntse amdist the majestic Himalayas covered with snow, which will take around 6 hours and is a distance of 13 km.
- Sixth day is a short trek of 6 to 7 km but as it is ascent, it will take around 3 to 4 hours from Thochuntse to Nimaling.
- On your seventh day, you will trek from Nimaling to Shang Sumdo, a trek of around 18 km and aftermath proceed to Leh via the Gongmaru La pass.
- Eight day will be your last day of the tour and you will depart from Leh.
Day 1 -
Arrive in Leh
Arrive in Leh and check in to the guesthouse.
Explore the town of Leh and visit some of its tourist places like Shanti stupa etc. and get acclimatized.
Overnight stay in guesthouse in Leh.
Day 2 -
Leh to Zinchen to Yurutse
On this day, start your trip from Leh to reach Zinchen from where your trek will begin.
Start trekking from Zinchen to Yurutse which will be a short trek of 5 km and will take around 3 hours.
Overnight stay in home-stay in Yurutse.
Day 3 -
Yurutse to Skiu
After breakfast, start your trek from Yurutse to Skiu.
On the way pass the Ganda La.
The trek will be of aroundd 25 km and take around 7 to 8 hours.
After reaching Skiu, overnight stay in a home-stay.
Day 4 -
Skiu to Markha
Today, you will trek to Markha, located at a height of 12,369 feet from the mean sea level.
Enjoy a hot breakfast and start your trek amidst the beautiful scenery.
The distance from Skiu to Markha is around 20 km and the total trek time today will be 6 to 7 hours.
Overnight stay in homestays at Markha.
Day 5 -
Markha to Thochuntse
Today after the breakfast continue your trek from Markha to Thochuntse.
The distance of the trek is around 13 km only but because of a little ascent, the trek will take around 5 to 6 hours.
Overnight in home-stay at Thochuntse.
Day 6 -
Thochuntse to Nimaling
Today's trek will be the shortest of all the routes.
Starting from Thochuntse to Nimaling, which is located at an elevation of 15,518 feet and 6 to 7 km.
The trek time will be around 3 to 4 hours because of the steep ascent.
Overnight stay in home-stay at Nimaling.
Day 7 -
Nimaling to Shang Sumdo to Leh
This is the last day of your trek.
After breakfast, start your trek from Nimaling to Shang Sumdo which is around 18 km and will take 7 to 8 hours.
After reaching Shang Sumdo, continue your return journey to Leh via the Gongmaru La Pass.
Overnight stay in camps at Leh
Day 8 -
Depart from Leh
On this day after breakfast end your tour.
Stay on a sharing basis in guesthouse, homestay and camps
All Meals Included
First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder
Qualified and experienced trek guide, assistance guide
Transport from Leh return is included
Extra set of clothes
This is a group tour
If any cancellations are made before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
No refund is applicable on the tour
The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.