About the Activity:
- Embark on this exciting 4 days 3 nights trekking expedition and get a chance to explore the enduing beauty of this region.
- Located at an elevation of around 4,300 m (14,100 ft) in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh the Bhrigu Lake can be accessed by a trek
- Start your tour after reaching Manali to take a drive to Gulaba by car, on the Manali-Rohtang road with stunning views and vegetation.
- Enjoy a jeep ride for around 3 hours from to Gulaba before you start your trek for Rowali Khola camp site.
- Marvel at the sight of the amazing Brigu lake and during your upcoming days, trek through some of the spectacular regions like Pandu Roppa, Vashisht and many more.
- On the last of this expedition take a bath at the hot water springs at Vashisht to refresh yourself and get rid of your tiredness of the trek and drive back to Manali.
- The trek can be availed on 15th May and 21st May of 2016 and the cost of the transportation during the trek in not inclusive with the package.
Day 1 -
Manali to Rowali Khola
Drive from Manali to Gulaba by car, on the Manali-Rohtang road, along the Beas River.
Gulaba is a small village at the height of 3100 m. Gradually walk through forests and cross Thach (pasture) of Khanora.
On the way up you’ll see Solang valley, Kothi village. Hanuman Tibba will be visible all along the ascent.
You’ll be able to spot many a birds. Trek further to Rowali Khola which is the day 1 campsite.
Day 2 -
Rowali Khola to Bhrigu Lake
Wake up early and if you are in luck and the sky is clear, you’ll get a stunning panoramic view of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges.
Start early as the ascent being really steep at places will take a lot of time.
Bhrigu Lake is situated between to high ridges. The trail turns slowly from green to white & brown.
Meadows give way to boulders. Set up camp near the lake and enjoy the beauty for the rest of the day.
Day 3 -
Bhrigu Lake to Pandu Roppa
The Lake will be visible once you cross the first ridge. Depending on the season, the lake is either surrounded by snow or, fresh grass along with a few alpine flowers.
After spending some time at the lake, head down to Vashisht Valley on the other side.
The initial downhill section is steep and slippery. Descend slowly and carefully.
The meadow walk is refreshing all the way to rice fields of Pandu Roppa.
A bunch of folklores is associated to Pandu Roppa, the most popular being the visit and farming of the Pandavas.
Day 4 -
Pandu Roppa to Vashisht
This is one of the treks where the last day is not just about finishing the trek and getting back to wherever you came from.
Cross the meadows first and then start a steep descent through a thick forest. The trail gets steep once you touch the tree line.
Once you get out of the forest ridge you’ll have a grand view of the Kullu Valley.
Walk into the apple orchards of the local village and the trail from here to Vashisht is fairy defined.
Take a bath at the hot water springs at Vashisht to refresh yourself and get rid of your tiredness of the trek.
Drive back to Manali.
All Meals Included
Services of a caring trek team (guides, cooks, helpers,porters/mules)
Trekking permits and camping charges from forest department.
Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, etc.)
Flashlight With Extra Batteries
Extra Set of Clothes
This is a group tour
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek --full refund.
Cancellation between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the trek -- 75% refund.
Cancellation less than 14 days to 8 days to start of the trek –50% refund.
Cancellation within 7 days to the start of the trek -- no refund.
NOTE that all cancellation will incur a processing fee of 5% on the trek fee.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 15 business days
The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.