Winter snow trek : Dalhousie trek itinerary
Day 1: Report for the winter trek in Himachal at Dalhousie base camp
Reporting at the Base Camp, Dalhousie. This is reporting day of the winter trek. After arriving at the camp settle up and freshen up. Next after briefing and orientation, go for a nature walk.
Day 2: Dalhousie to Kalatop sanctuary trek (8 km trek for 4- 6 hours)
Trek to Kalatop wildlife sanctuary from Dalhousie. Kalatop wildlife sanctuary is situated at an altitude of 2500 meters from sea level and very famous for its pristine vegetation of deodar, pine, oak and other high altitude conifer trees. Kalatop wildlife sanctuary is a shelter for Himalayan black bear and Himalayan black martens. After completion of the trekking settle up for night stay at Kalatop.
Day 3: Trek from Kalatop to Khajjiar ( 11 km trek for 6- 7 hours)
Trek to Khajjiar from Dalhousie. Khajjiar is situated in Chamba district. Cover Khajjiar Nag temple, Khajjiar lake, valley and Panch Pandav trees. Overnight stay at Khajjiar village. Khajjiar is the place for stargazing in this winter trek in Himachal
Day 4: Trek from Khajjiar to Chamba transfer point and drive to Dalhousie
Short trek from Khajjiar to Chamba transfer point and transfer to Dalhosuie Base Camp by bus/Jeep. Overnight stay in Dalhousie.
Day 5: Check out after the breakfast from base camp at Dalhousie
- Orientation and Training
- All meals during the expedition
- Stay on sharing basis
- Forest entry and permissions
Things to carry for Dalhousie trek:
- It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan
- It also does not include any travel insurance and expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- T-shirts, Trekking Pants, Windproof jacket preferably with a hood, Warm and thick Fleece, Full-sleeve Woolen sweater, Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap, Woolen gloves, Woolen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/muffler (optional).
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended),Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
- Raincoat / Poncho, Small light weight towel, Water bottle, Sunscreen Lotion, Cap to keep the strong sun away from your face, Sun glasses, Walking stick / Trekking pole, Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries), Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries, Books, if you like reading
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it, Camera with charged batteries.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of TripHippie