The Bhote Koshi River is located about 70 km east of Kathmandu, which is snow-fed from the melting Himalayan ranges. The Bhote Koshi River is one of the seven most popular white-water rafting rivers in Nepal. The origins of this roaring wall of white water gives the river it’s name; Bhote meaning coming from Tibet and Koshi meaning river, the river that hails from Tibet. The path of this river is the steepest in Nepal creating a virtual year-round torrent that provides some of the most exciting rafting in the world. It also serves the Bote Koshi Project, a hydroelectricity project that provides up to 45mw of electricity.
The Last Resort, one of the world’s deepest gorge bungee jumps, is based in this river’s gorge. The river is very popular among rafting enthusiasts. It is the steepest rafting river in Nepal. The river is usually rafted in two days, starting with the lower section on the first day and the upper section on the next day. The rapids at the lower section measure an overall grade 4 while the upper section measures an incredible grade 5 to grade 6.
The Bhote Koshi is a recently opened river and represents the cream of the crop of river rafting and its just three hours drive from Kathmandu!
Rapids, colorfully named: Gerbil in the plumbing, Frog in a blender, Exlax, The Great Wall, Liquid bliss, Dazed and Confused.
Water. Volume: 90 cumecs. (Depending on the Season.)
River Distance: 20 Kms.
Tour Cost Include(s)
1. Transportation from / to Kathmandu by bus as per itinerary.
2. Standard Meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
3. All International standard Necessary rafting equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
4. Well-trained and highly experienced rafting guides, cooks, and other helper staff.
5. Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire .
6. Safety Kayak & First aid kit box.
7. Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
8. All necessary fees, Government/Local taxes, all national park and conservation area fees.
9. Basic resort or tented camping
10. Government imposed taxes
Tour Cost Exclude(s)
1. Any type of personal expenditure such as phone, laundry, Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
2. Things of personal use.
All tour descriptions and conditions are given in accordance with the information of Mosaic Adventure